You’ve been involved in a car accident, now you’re wondering what to do after a motor vehicle accident. The screeching tires, blaring horn, and loud ‘boom’, may still be ringing in your ears. Now is not the time to panic. You have assessed the situation. You have asked if anyone is injured. Our Delaware County, PA car accident lawyer is available to help you. Now what?
Steps To Take After A Motor Vehicle Accident
- Call 911: If anyone is hurt, ask for the EMT’s or an ambulance. You must report the accident to the police if there is an injury or an involved car requires towing, it is best to report the auto accident to the police even if it is a fender-bender.
- Remain Calm: Do not blame anyone for the accident. Do not apologize to anyone for the accident. Do not get into an argument with anyone. After all, accidents happen.
- Exchange Information: Exchange identification information with all involved drivers. Obtain the name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, tag number, and automobile insurance information from all drivers. If there are any witnesses, obtain their name, address, and phone number.
- Photograph the accident: Take note of the accident scene. Use a camera phone to take pictures of the car’s damage and the car’s location on the road. Also, take photographs of any debris or tire marks on the road.
- If you are injured, seek medical attention: If you feel aches or pains at the scene, accept medical care from the ambulance personnel. If you do not feel any ache or pain until you have left the scene, go to an emergency room. Follow-up with your family doctor as soon as possible.
- Report the accident to your auto insurance company: Whether the police or ambulance responded to the scene, and whether you are injured or not, report the accident to your automobile insurance company. This will protect you if, later, there are medical bills to be paid. This will also protect you if, later, another person (driver, passenger, or pedestrian) files a personal injury lawsuit.
- Call an attorney: If you have been injured in a car crash, call an experienced civil lawyer. If you have received a traffic citation following a motor vehicle accident, call an attorney.
If you have trouble getting your car repaired or medical bills paid, our motor vehicle accident attorney Michael T. Malarick is available to help you.
If you were injured or experienced any pain or suffering, contact attorney Michael T. Malarick for legal help.
Delaware County, PA attorney Michael Malarick has represented clients from numerous Delaware County localities such as: Boothwyn, Aldan, Brookhaven, Drexel Hill, Havertown, HaLima, Marcus Hook, Sharon Hill, Glen Mills, Wayne, and more.
Post script: If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident, stay off of your social media accounts. Do not post how the accident happened or how you are feeling on any of your social media accounts.
Motor vehicle accidents are handled by our Delaware County civil lawyer. Other types of civil law practices areas include: personal injury law, which helps clients who are injured, slip and fall law, which helps clients in fall down cases, and wills and estates law which helps clients draft a will.
Other Practice Areas
- Delaware County Workers Compensation Attorney
- Delaware County Social Security Disability Attorney
- Delaware County Divorce Attorney
- Delaware County Bankruptcy Lawyer